history 01 1

History 01 1

The China Mining and Metallurgical Engineering Society (hereinafter referred to as "the Association") is the largest and long-established academic group in China's mining and metallurgy industry. When the Republic of China government moved to Taiwan, it only brought some broken historical materials in a hurry. When the Republic of China reopened in Taipei in 41, special members Li Sichang and his personal memory were written. "A Brief History of the Association" - This association was established in Beijing in September of the 15th year of the Republic of China. It is composed of the main engineers of Liuhegou Middle and Kailuan Beipiao Lincheng coal mines, Beiyang Nankai Northeast and Tangshan Jiaotong University. Initiated by various mining and smelting entrepreneurs, the meeting site was set up in the Beiping Military Department and the Republic of China Mining Association. The first annual meeting was held in Beijing. It was a member of the General Assembly, and the issue of the conference and special publications was a "mineral and mining quarterly". All of them are selected to study the research papers of each member. They are issued in four issues and are issued on schedule. There are compiling and publishing committees in the conference.

After the membership of Lu Shandong, after many years of tracing the historical facts and several times the history of the repairs, Fang has today's latest edition of "The History of the China Mining and Metallurgical Engineering Society" - the eve of the 70th anniversary of the founding of the Republic of China in 1985, by the then director Chang Lu Shandong (term of 1984 ~ 1985) was completed.

In the year before (2003), she was arrested by Ms. Zhang Erping, an engineer of the China Geological Library. She said that she had learned from a precious photo of a frame: February 9, 1927, China Mining and Metallurgical Engineering Society at the Institute of Geological Survey, No. 9 Established, this precious photo is a photo of the members of the day. Because I learned that I learned to reunite in Taiwan in 1951, I was rewarded with a good salary, and I continued to learn from the past. I have learned that it has been in the Spring and Autumn Period of 76. At the same time, it also means the vague and incompleteness of the history of the Association. In the past seventy years of Taiwan's academic activities, in order to understand and organize, to write a "history before the victory of the War of Resistance" to participate. Since the beginning of the year, Mr. Lin Zaiqian, Secretary General of the Association, has had frequent contact with Ms. Zhang. The information required by Ms. Zhang and the valuable historical materials of the Association have also been offered, and the 18 volumes of the “Mining and Metallurgy” have been used. send.

Last year (2004), on February 27, Ms. Zhang Erping sent a copy of the article "China Mining and Metallurgical Engineering Society before the Victory of the Anti-Japanese War". The text is accompanied by various precious photos, which are precious and precious. At the same time, the "Authorization Letter" was sent. - The author and Dr. Duan Yichun, the curator of the China Geological Library, agreed that the China Mining and Metallurgical Engineering Society should use the entire contents of this article to revise the history of the Society.

In short, I would like to thank you for your appreciation.



In March 2003, Ms. Zhang Erping (Shandong Tai'an, 1954-), a Chinese library engineer, called for the protection of the former site of the Geological Survey of the Ministry of Agriculture and Commerce of Beijing Municipal Government, Beijing Xicheng Bingma Hutong No. 9 (now No. 15), by Li Xuetong. Mr. 1 and Ms. Zhang Jiuchen pointed out 2, Zhang Erping saw a frame of precious photos. On February 9, 1927, the China Mining and Metallurgical Engineering Society was established in the Library of the Institute of Geological Survey No. 9 of the Terracotta Warriors. It was a group photo of the members of the day. The building behind it was a building that I was too familiar with. The word "Geological Survey Library" on the threshold was clearly identifiable. According to the investigation, this is Mr. Xing Duan's three books. The Library of the Geological Survey of the Ministry of Agriculture and Commerce is the predecessor of the China Geological Library where Ms. Zhang worked. The Chinese Geological Society was established in February 1922 at the Library of the Institute of Geological Survey No. 9 of the Marsh Division. Although it did not leave any photos, it is well known. The historical facts that the Society was born here are evidenced by photos, but little known. Therefore, the author made a preliminary discussion on the background of the era, the general situation of publications, historical achievements and limitations. Towards the extension, so far learned to have been in the spring and autumn of 77; at the same time, also noticed the vague and incomplete lineage of the history of the Taiwan Society.

This article examines the history and changes of an early Chinese academic group, and provides relevant scholars with less attention and comparative research value, and the resulting thinking.


Learn to produce background

In the late 1920s, with the advancement of the Northern Expedition, the day of national unity and stability was not far away, and the "scientific saving of the country" and "industry to save the country" became stronger. The development of the economy has rapidly advanced the status of science. It has also led to a sharp increase in the demand for minerals in society. Some industries such as mineral exploration and mining engineering have shown good development trends.

When the society was not born, the industry has many social organizations and academic groups such as the China Society, the Republic of China Mining Association, the China Geological Society, and the China Engineering Society. These groups are mainly based on professional researchers, or they are mainly engaged in mining and government organizations and major mining companies. They are in a free and loose organization, and they contact the industry to study minerals regulations and discuss mining public interest and academic issues. Working together to seek common development has had a very positive impact on the industrialization process and academic research methods in the early period of the Republic of China. Some scholars, mine officials and company directors are members or members of two or three institutes.

history 01 2

Figure-1 China Mining and Metallurgical Engineering Society was established in the conference room of the former Ministry of Agriculture and Commerce Geological Survey, and all the participating members commemorated the photo in front of the building.

Among these associations, the Republic of China Mining Association has the closest relationship with the Society, and the original venue of the Society is located in the Mining Federation Club. The Republic of China Mining Federation was established in the Republic of China for three years (1914). The 12th year of the Republic of China (1923) and the revised chapter of the Republic of China in the 16th year of the Republic of China (1927) stipulated that the association is mainly based on mining companies with a capital of more than 100,000 yuan. The membership fee is based on the annual paid-in capital of the member units. Grading payment. The Mining Federation mainly studies the development of mine chapters, and is entrusted by the official department to handle accidents and disputes, and to quell labor conflicts and other matters. It is obviously lacking in coordinating the research work of mineral exploration, mining engineering, smelting and other institutions, and promoting academic exchanges. Therefore, a group that can fully express its opinions and contribute to the academic research and academic norms of the industry will be born in due course.

At that time, geology was one of the few disciplines that were first transplanted and succeeded after the introduction of Western modern geology into China. The Geological Survey of the Ministry of Agriculture and Commerce, under the founding of Zhang Hongjun 4, Ding Wenjiang 5 and Weng Wenqi 6 , has been exploring and struggling for more than ten years. It has a certain degree of talent, academic achievements, professional theory and the accumulation of literature resources, forming the Chinese at that time. The Academic Center of Geology, while promoting the development of the discipline, has created obvious economic and social benefits and has a high reputation. The birth of the academic community will be echoed by the support and advocacy of the Geological Survey.


The establishment of the society

 history 01 3

 History 01 3 With the many conditions for the establishment of the society, an opportunity is needed. In the fifteenth year of the Republic of China (1926), the opening of the mining department of Nankai University created this opportunity.

Tianjin Nankai University was formerly a private Nankai school founded in the 30th year of Emperor Guangxu (1904). Nankai University was established in the 8th year of the Republic of China (1919). In the 9th year of the Republic of China (1920), the principal Zhang Bojun appointed Li Jinzeng to set up the mining department. Xue Guilun (Zhiyi) and Sun Changke (Qin Qin) successively served as directors of the mining department. The teachers included Cao Chengke (winning) and others. Nankai University is a private institution with financial support. The mine department was closed in the 15th year of the Republic of China (1926) and has not resumed since then. At that time, Yan Zhuang (Jing Zhai), a mining engineer of the Shanxi Provincial Governor's Office, was in Tianjin, Sun Changke, and Cao Chengke discussed ways to find another way and discussed the formation of the society.

In the third year of the Republic of China (1943), Mr. Cao Chengke, member of the Board of Directors and Codification Committee of the Society, recalled the situation at the time and could be regarded as the only witness to the establishment of the Society. On the occasion of the suspension of the Nankai Mining Department, "the teachers will be scattered, and the strict Yan Junzhai will be opened in the south. It is recommended that the national mining and metallurgical academic group be vocal, and then contact the comrades to learn from each other. Mr. Sun fears the prestige, not national The mines are eagerly awaited, because they went to Beiping to teach Mr. Weng’s son, and Mr. Zhang’s wing, Mr. Li’s group; Mr. Gaizhu, who was the academic and administrative leader of the mining and metallurgy industry at the time, rebuilt China’s new mining industry in the early years of the Republic of China. Models, merits will be won by the world."

In the autumn of the fifteenth year of the Republic of China (1926), the preparatory work initiated by the Society was carried out in Peiping. "I immediately pushed Yan Zhuang, Sun Changke, Cao Chengke Sanjun, drafted the chapter, and engaged in preparations." In the fifteenth year of the Republic of China (1926), the first meeting was held by the Peking University of Europe and the United States, Zhang Yiou (wings), Weng Wenxuan, Li Jin 7, Yan Zhuang, Gu Yu 8, Li Baoling (Yang Chong), Li Ming and 9, Li Zhu (Zi Ming), Li Siguang 10, Cao Chengke, Xie Jiarong (Ji Yan) participated in 11 people. The meeting discussed the draft regulations of the Society, and elected Weng Wenxuan, Li Jin, Zhang Yuou, Yan Zhuang, and Li Baoling as preparatory members, preparing for temporary funding, collecting sponsors and preparing for the inaugural meeting. The members of the Institute are: "Where to learn mining and mining Politics and mining comrades." The reserve committee recruited 150 members, including 106 members. According to the regulations of the Society, there are two types of members: members and honorary members. Payment of membership fees:

  1. 1. Initiate a member, pay a membership fee of 5 yuan, and an annual membership fee of 5 yuan;
  1. 2. A permanent member who pays a membership fee of one hundred yuan is a permanent member;
  1. 3. Member, paying the same as the sponsoring member.

The society is initiated by scholars. After several months of planning, it is assembled by various professionals. In the 16th year of the Republic of China (1927), on February 9th, the "China Mining and Metallurgical Engineering Society" was established in the library meeting room of the Institute of Geological Survey of the Ministry of Agriculture and Commerce, No. 9 of the Terracotta Hutong, Xicheng, Beiping.

The weather was warm and warm on the day of the establishment of the Society, and 44 members were present. The General Assembly elected Weng Weng, the director of the Geological Survey, as the interim chairman. The chairman proposed to amend the constitutional bill of the society. The meeting was passed after chapter by chapter and established "to liaise with comrades, study academics, and develop China's mining and metallurgical industry." Before lunch, 37 members took a group photo in front of the library. This precious historical photograph was printed on the coated paper with the commemorative number of the Society, namely, the first edition of the first issue of Mining and Metallurgy. The first title is "Commemoration of the Founding of the China Mining and Metallurgical Engineering Society". The payment was "February 17, 16th." More than seventy years of wind and rain can wash away countless memories, but I only recognize the important founder of China's geological industry, Mr. Weng Wenqi, easy to identify. On July 25, 2003, the 80-year-old Academician Xie Xuejin recognized the sixth person from the west as his father, Academician Xie Jiarong. Other seniors had a master's degree in the United States, Li Minghe, and Professor Gu Jie from the Department of Geology of Peking University.

history 01 4


 The establishment of the conference lasted three days, selected Weng Wenxuan, Li Jin, Zhang Yuou, Wang Chongyou 13, Yan Zhuang and other eleven directors, Wang Zhengyi (Zi Wen), Zhang Xinwu and other five candidates. The Council immediately elected and elected: Zhang Yiou is the president (Figure-3), Li Jin (Figure-4), Weng Wenqi as the vice president (Figure-5), Yan Zhuang as the officer, and Li Baoling as the accountant.

The Council discussed the proposal to organize the organization of six committees and mine divisions.

The six committees are:

  1. 1. Selection Committee;
  1. 2. Seek member committees;
  1. 3. Raising funds committees;
  1. 4. Compilation committee;
  1. 5. Compiling a committee for mining and metallurgy;
  1. 6. Preparation for the Mining and Metallurgy Library and Research Committee.

The council decided to establish nine branches including Liu Magnetic, Wuhan,Fengtian, Zhongxing, Kailuan, Guangdong, Hunan, Yunnan and the Americas. The compilation of the "Compilation Committee" seminar will be a quarterly issue. The Society also discussed topics such as mining law, transportation and Sino-foreign cooperative mining with the title "The Trend of China's Mining Industry in the Future". In the 16th year of the Republic of China (1927), on February 11, all members visited the Pekingshan Xiangyuan and Beitougou coal mines in Beiping, and the inaugural meeting ended.

history 01 5

The Institute has successively established six major engineers in Liuhegou, Zhongxing, Kailuan and Beijing Lincheng coal mines, professors of mining and metallurgy in Beiyang, Nankai, Dongbei and Tangshan Jiaotong University, and various mining entrepreneurs.

At that time, the focus was on the major coal mines in the north. The presiding engineers of major coal mines have joined as members of the Institute, and each mine is a support society. It is divided into five points or one ton per ton of coal production price, so it is said to be the most abundant among the engineering societies.

Initial meeting place and journal

The original meeting site of the Society is attached to the Association of the Republic of China Mining Association. The address is No. 38, Zhonghua Street, Xinghua, Beijing. There is information on No. 38, Zhongzhong Street, Xuanwumen, and there is also a hutong of the Ministry of Military Affairs.

The Hutong Hutong was named as the seat of the Ministry of War in the early Ming Dynasty and was named after the low terrain. During the Ming Dynasty, the Ministry of Military Affairs moved away, and the names of the places continued to this day. Xinghua Menzhong Street is still untestable, but one thing is certain: Xinghua Gate is the mistake of Xinhuamen. In the early years of the Republic of China, Beiping Municipal Government planned to open a door between Xuanwumen and Qianmen, which is called "Xinhuamen". Due to reasons such as changing the city ring system and diversifying the trade, it has been opposed by many parties. In the thirteenth year of the Republic of China (1924), the names of Xinhua Street in the south and north of the site were not changed. The Hutong Hutong is located in the east of the North Xinhua Street in Hepingmen. In a few comparisons, the meeting site should be in the same area of ​​the Xicheng Military Department in Beijing.

  In the 16th year of the Republic of China (1927), the Society issued a memorial number - "Sulphide", Volume 1, No. 1《 history 01 6 》On the cover, blue white Zhuanti letter to Chinese territory Title: "history 01 6". According to Mr. Liang-chun of 14 research word "mine" body sound and meaning changes, "history 01 7" that is "mine" the word first appeared in "Wen said," Steel Stone Park also. The word "sulphur" comes from the middle of the Bronze Age and is the word after "history 01 8".

Cover the top of the layout set a golden emblem: the middle is crossed hammers, surrounded Zhuanti literate states: "Mining and Metallurgical Engineering Society of China, the Republic of China was founded sixteen years February 9, THE CHINESE INSTITUTE OF MINING & METALLURGY, ORGANIZED IN 1927". Over the past eight decades, this commemorative note can still be called editorial rigor, beautifully framed, and well-made.

In the 16th year of the Republic of China (1927), at the sixth regular meeting of the Council of the People's Republic of China, Mr. Cao Chengke, a member of the Editorial Committee of the Codification Committee, said on the publication of the "Mining and Metallurgy": "It is said that it is a mining and metallurgical meeting. And the delivery of the benefits, it is reasonable to receive the issuance of the book registration license to the police department according to the chapter, ... on September 20, the matter was submitted to the Beijing Police Department, authorized to issue this meeting..." As can be seen from the historical data The spirit of learning, also known as the journal, namely, "Mining and Metallurgy."


In the 23rd year of the Republic of China, the manager's meeting decided to add a "Mineral and Metallurgical February" and a quarterly issue of "Mining and Metallurgy". The "Mining and Metallurgy" quarterly publication maintained its pure academic position and continued to publish in the February issue. Text and conference reports, membership updates, etc., are equivalent to the "Meeting Newsletter". All the editors of the February issue and the printing and distribution of the two publications are all responsible for the affairs of Sun Changke. For the convenience of printing, the printing affairs began to move north from the north. Entrusted a printing company in Shanghai to print on behalf of. In the case of various materials in the north, a special person is responsible for custody.

After the reign of the Anti-Japanese War in the 26th year of the Republic of China, the "Mining and Metallurgy Quarterly" has been published in eight volumes and thirty-two issues.